Saturday, March 28, 2009

ZA-GA-ZIG SHRINE CLOWNS








This past week, I had the great honor of traveling over to Des Moines to the Shrine Temple over there and photograph many of the Za-Ga-Zig Shrine Clowns. This is a wonderful and amazing group of men, not only because many years ago, I was one of them (Homer, The Baseball Clown)....but just with the things that they do, the money they raise, the children that they help, the smiles that they bring and all the joy that they spread is endless.

It was great seeing some of the "oldies" from my past like Skeeter, Lil' Jiggs, Wuzzles, Buster, Soapie, and others that I am sure I have missed.....but also to see so many of the new clowns! I am absolutely amazed at some of the costumes that these guys have come up with!....very innovative to say the least!....

Anyway, the Shrine Circus will be coming up on May 1st, 2nd and 3rd.....you don't want to miss it....and if my schedule permits....you might even see an OLD clown there in the grease and rags for one more good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment